Goose owners, Phil and Jan, took son Jake and his girlfriend Erin lobstering the other night out of Pamet Harbor in Truro.
They had a great time. Jake did all the hard work, Phil drove the boat and Jan and Erin enjoyed the beautiful views!! It was a fantastic trip, catching 20 keeper lobsters from the traps. Thety also had the softest, molting lobster they had ever caught. He was safely returned to the water where he swam off.
After the successful lobstering, the crew fished over the wheeling birds for bluefish on the way back to harbor. Erin caught her first ever fish, a bluefish of around 4 pounds and was ecstatic. After an hour of frenetic fishing top water baits they returned to Pamet with the sun setting behind them. A good day had by all.
Lobsters for tea and Bluefish Pate for the Goose Hummock staff at lunchtime today!
- 1 1/2 pounds lobster meat (aprox. 4 chick lobsters)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3-4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 rolls, split and lightly toasted
- 1/4 stick of butter, melted for brushing on rolls.
Crumble cooked lobster into marble sized chunks, mix with mayo, celery, garlic, lemon and salt & pepper. Place in fridge and let chill for 1 hour. When ready, brush buns with butter and toast on grill or in pan. Fill with lobster salad, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.